Counselling Skills Training
The Counselling & Family Centre have been successfully delivering COSCA certificate training for over 8 years.
Currently, over 130 people throughout west central Scotland have successfully completed their certificate in counselling with us. Many have gone onto advanced training and to a career in counselling.
The Counselling & Family Centre provide a wide range of training programmes designed for individuals and groups.
- The COSCA certificate in counselling course is Modular in design. Each module is 30 hours long. A certificate consists of 4 modules = 120 hours. More information about module content is available from the COSCA website www.cosca.org.ukWe continue to endeavour to keep our costs low and affordable. In fact our prices have remained the same for the last 5 years. Cost is set at just £200 per module or £775.00 for the certificate for individuals and voluntary organisations.For statutory organisations, the cost is £1195.00 for the 4 module certificate. Applications are now being considered for our next course.
The application process
1. To apply please download and complete the application form, stating in around 200 words why you would like to undertake counselling training at this point in your life.
2. Return the application form to GMG Associates Ltd, 281-283 Eldon St, Greenock, PA16 7QL.
3. If you are offered a place you will be required to pay a non refundable deposit of £50.00 to secure your place.
A start date for the course is dependent on the required number of applicants and you will be informed as soon as possible after the closing date.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to secure your place.
- Introduction to counselling – An introduction to basic counselling skills which can assist people in their communication with others in all aspects of life.